The new Minecraft Nether Update was released today on Switch. We now have a full rundown of what’s new and changed, including new biomes, features, and so much more.
Below are the full patch notes:
How to Find Netherite
Well, you don’t really find Netherite itself in the wilds. You will need to locate a very rare ore called Ancient Debris. This is only found in the Nether, so you’ll need to create a Nether Portal and be ready to fight quite a bit of the evil that dwells in this area.
Once you reach the Nether, you will have to head to the lower levels as you would for Diamond. Ancient Debris should start spawning in Bedrock around Y level 30, but the best place to farm it is from Y level 8 to 17. In Java, it seems that the spawn rate is not as good as Bedrock and the best places to get it are levels Y 12 to 17. These are the areas you should focus on farming, because they have the highest spawn density. You can check your current Java level by pressing F3 on your keyboard and looking for the XYZ list. If you’re on Bedrock, make sure you enable the “show coordinates” option in your settings.
- The Piglins are an aggressive civilization that lives in the Nether
- They mainly roam the Crimson Forest, but you may find some some even in the Helllands
- They treat players as target practice and will attack on sight
- However, if you dress appropriately, they will see you as a respectable figure, or at least tolerable
- Piglins are suspicious of strangers and if they see you opening a chest or mining a block of gold, they will think you are stealing and will treat you accordingly
- Piglins LOVE gold and get very distracted by gold items
- Gold bars are currency for the piglins, and you can throw them at them or interact with them while holding an ingot to trade for various goods
- The piglins a sometimes have f ame and hunt hoglins for food. Or at least they try. The results… vary
- Piglins prefer to hunt and fight in groups and when there is a fight, everyone wants to join
- Piglins who somehow end up in the overworld become quite zombified quickly
- Piglets are scared of soul fire and zombified piglets, and will stay away when possible
- Wither skeletons are a historic enemy and piglets will attack on sight
- The piglets aren’t that dangerous but they can be mischievous, so watch your back
- … and they like to play with the little hoglins