Smaller Nether Portals allows you to create 3 different sized portals than the standard 2×3 block one. You can now make them smaller to fit in tighter places and they have a more streamlined look overall.
How to install Smaller Nether Portals
- Download and install Forge with Collective (content inside archive)
- Make sure you have the installed “Java” application.
- Download the “Zip” archive from our website.
- Inside this is a “Jar” mod. It can also contain old and new builds.
- Select the latest version of the “Jar” file that matches the version of the game.
- Please note that some versions may contain bugs, incompatibilities with other modifications and in some cases may cause conflicts within Forge or Fabric. You can try installing the older build to fix this issue.
- Move the “Jar” file into the “Mods” folder.
- This folder is located in the following path:
Mac OS X: /Users/Your Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/ Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of Press “Command+Shift+G” at the same time. Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key. Open Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7: C:UsersYour Profile NameAppDataRoaming.minecraft Quick way to get there: Press “Windows” key and the “R” key at the same time. Type %appdata% and press the “Enter” key or click OK.
- The “Mods” folder is created automatically when you install Forge or Fabric, but you can always create it manually.
- Open the launcher and select the desired modloader.
- Start the game and enjoy the new gameplay.
Mac OS X: /Users/Profile Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/ Quick way to get there: Click on the desktop and then press the combination of “Command+Shift+G” keys simultaneously . Type ~/Library and press the “Enter” key. Open the Application Support folder and then Minecraft
Minecraft Nether Portal Rules
Nether portals must follow these building rules:
- The portal must be rectangular. If you want a different shape (like a circle), you need to use multiple rectangular portals to create the shape.
- The smallest size of the Minecraft Nether Portal is 5×4 blocks and the largest size is 23×23.
- Only obsidian can be used to build the frame of the lower portal.
- Corners are not required on the lower portal frame, you can leave air or put any blocks you want in the corners.
- Nether portals are activated by using flint and steel to start a fire within the frame. Nether portals cannot be activated in the End.
The smallest portals