Villagers who are unemployed cannot spawn in Minecraft. Because they don’t have to gain abilities, so they can’t reproduce in the game.
To encourage villagers to reproduce, make them happy. Provide them with enough food, build a bed for them, and most importantly, give them some privacy.
Villagers are one of the essential mobs in Minecraft, as seen in their wide variety of professions. However, sometimes there are not enough villagers to get the desired pros, so to overcome this, we have created this guide on breeding where everything about them has been explained in detail.
How to breed villagers in Minecraft Java version 1.13 and earlier?
To breed villagers in Minecraft Java v1.13 or earlier, the process is different from version 1.14 and later. The number of ports determines reproductive capacity rather than beds. Follow the steps below for version 1.13 or earlier to breed villagers.
- Find or build a village (at least one house). They don’t have to be complete houses, just four walls at least two blocks high.
- Add three doors for every two villagers you want to raise. Place many doors around the perimeter (it can also be against walls or on top of them).
- Make sure the villagers are willing to breed. To activate availability, each villager needs 12 food points where loaves of bread are 4 points and carrots, potatoes and beets are 1 point each. Hearts appear on them when they are laid out.
- If feeding your villagers fails to motivate them to reproduce, you must trade with them. Once all the requirements are met, leave the villagers alone in the buildings.
- Check the buildings in about 20 minutes – a small villager should appear.
- After another 20 minutes, the little villager grows.
How to raise villagers in Minecraft?
Raise villagers by providing them with ideal accommodations such as beds, food, and more. To feed the villagers, you have to throw food at them and let them take it into their inventory. If two villagers are nearby and ready at the same time, then they meet and spawn a small villager between them.
Keep your villagers happy
The villagers have a gossip system that allows them to share different gossip throughout the village. There are certain conditions that can affect a villager’s mood, so make sure the villagers are not in a negative mood.
It’s really hard for negative villagers to breed with each other. Furthermore, it also affects the amount you can trade with them. This is how the gossip system works: